Tfl are seeking views on proposed changes to taxi (black cab) fares.
Transport for London (TfL) licenses and regulates taxi and private hire services in London. As part of this, we set the maximum fares that taxis (black cabs) can charge. These fares are determined by tariffs that are normally reviewed each year.
We are interested in your views on the following proposals:
|Area||Days and times applicable||Proposal|
|Min taxi fare||At all times||Increase by 20 pence (6.7%) taking this from £3.00 to £3.20|
|Tariff 1||Monday to Friday 05:00-20:00||Increase by 1.9%|
|Tariff 2||Monday to Friday 20:00-22:00 andSaturday and Sunday 05:00-22:00||Increase by 1.9%|
|Tariff 3||Every night 22:00-05:00 and public holidays||Freeze|
|Tariff 4||For journeys over six miles||Freeze tariff fares|
Tfl are also proposing to:
- Extend the arrangements in place to cover significant increases or decreases in the price of diesel
- Increase the fixed fares for shared taxis from Euston Station to Lord’s Cricket Ground by 50 pence when Tariffs 1 and 2 apply
- Make a small change to when the tariff rate for journeys over six miles (Tariff 4) starts
Tfl are also interested in your views on:
- The Cost Index and if changes should be made to this
- Taxi fares late at night and Tariff 3
You can let us know what you think of our proposals and taxi fares in London by completing the short survey available at:consultations.tfl.gov.uk/taxis/fares-2019
Please visit: consultations.tfl.gov.uk/taxis/fares-2019 for more information on our proposals. The closing date for responding to the consultation isFriday 23 August 2019.
We are seeking the views of anyone with interest in these matters on these proposals. Please pass this message on to others who might be interested.
If you have any questions about this, please email: email@example.com with ‘Taxi fares review’ in the subject line.