This half-day workshop, marking International Transgender Day of Visibility on 31 March, will celebrate the lives of trans over-50s and explore the health and social care challenges faced by all lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people as they approach older age.
Endorsed by Skills for Care and delivered by the UK’s largest provider of services and support for LGBT+ people over 50, Opening Doors London, this training event is designed for staff and volunteers working with older people in Health, Housing and Social Care but anyone with an interest in the subject is welcome to join us.
Hosted by Time and Talents, the event takes place at Time & Talents 2, opposite Tesco in the Surrey Quays Shopping Centre, Redriff Road, Surrey Quays, SE16 7LL, from 2.30pm-5pm on Wednesday 3 April 2019.
Led by older LGBT+ trainers and trans facilitators, this interactive training workshop will enable participants to:
• Be briefed on 50 years of LGBT+ social history that shaped lives
• Hear first-hand real-life stories of growing up and coming out as a trans person
• Get the latest research into LGBT+ demographics, and trans community issues
• Understand the particular health and social care needs of older LGBT+ people
• Take away free resources, video links and good-practice guides
This is a FREE workshop but places are limited to 40. To book your place, please visit our Eventbrite page .
If you have any questions about this event or ODL training in general, please contact Louise Carolin, ODL’s training administrator, at: